Wild lettuce is a plant with psychotropic effects that is described to be similar to that of opium. Unlike opium, the plant does not have the same calming power. However, it also does not cause stomach pains, constipation or diarrhea like opium products do. It can be found in various places such as the south east and east of England, Punjab regions of Pakistan, India, Iran and Australia. It has recently been documented to have been introduced in North America.
Back in the 19th century, physicians used the plant as substitute for opium. It was studied extensively by the 1911 Council of the Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain. By 1970, the plant had a resurgence in the United States. Today, the Food and Drug Administration has declared that the plant is legal to grow, purchase, and own without prescription or license.
The plant is known under many other names such as Acrid Lettuce, Bitter Lettuce, Opium Lettuce and Green Endive. Less commonly used names include German Lactucarium, Lactuca virosa, Laitue à Opium, and Laitue Sauvage, Scariole and Serriole.
The wild lettuce is believed to treat the following conditions:
- Whooping cough
- Problems in the urinary tract
- Pain and tension
- Migraine or headaches
- Excitability in children
- Pain during menstruation
- Excessive sex drive in women
- Pain in the joints and muscles
- Poor circulation
- Genital swelling
- Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis)
Wild Lettuce is commonly used for its hallucinogenic effect. It could also be found in cough treatment preparations as it is often used as an opium substitute for pain. Some go so far as to call it a natural morphine-like painkiller growing in your back yard.
- CONCENTRATED, POWERFUL, AND POTENT: Our Wild Lettuce Extract Capsules are made from a powerful 4:1 extract for extra potency, providing 500 mg strength per capsule. Even better, we use an extract - not a dried leaf powder - which provides a much higher concentration of the desirable active compounds found in Wild Lettuce.
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY SLEEP AND OFFERS ALL-NATURAL PAIN RELIEF: Wild Lettuce is a favorite as an all-natural alternative for natural pain relief. Wild Lettuce is often commonly used to help treat insomnia and promote healthy sleep. Wild Lettuce has been used to treat coughs, urinary tract problems, restlessness, menstrual problems, joint pain, swelling...and much, much more!
- SUPER VALUE: Each bottle contains 120 veggie capsules - more than any other similar product. Plus, each capsule contains a potent 500 mg strength of Wild Lettuce Extract -the highest per-capsule dosage available.
- 100% GENUINE PURE LACTUCA VIROSA - We do not mix or substitute with less potent Lactuca varieties. Used to make your own wild lettuce extract or natural pain relief tea.
- HARVESTED AT PEAK OF POTENCY - Our growers have decades experience with Wild Lettuce and know exactly when to harvest this natural pain supplement. It is the strongest wild lettuce dried.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. Many people find wile lettuce works wonders for them. Some few people do not. If it doesn't work for you, simply contact us for a refund. Be aware Amazon doesn't allow this from your order history, but we will take care of it for you!
- Highest Strength Wild lettuce NON-Alcohol liquid extract!
- Wild lettuce NON-Alcohol liquid extract contains ONLY natural ingredients!
- High Quality Wild lettuce NON-Alcohol liquid extract - we use classic conventional methods of extraction! We meticulously produce our extracts according to precise standards where each herb is extracted according to the distinct characteristic of each plant!
The key component of the plant is a milky substance called lactucarium, which is found in its stem and leaves. Lactucarium is responsible for the plant’s sedative and pain relieving effects. Although its effects are said to be similar to opium, lactucarium does not have actual opiates. This is why the plant is also commonly used for its hallucinogenic effects. When taken regularly, studies show that the wild lettuce plant seems to have consistent positive effects on an individual’s overall health.
Wild lettuce has many health and even recreational benefits. Known for its sedative and pain-relieving effects, it can be an effective ally for you when you are experiencing the above mentioned conditions.
Wild Lettuce Side Effects
According to health professionals, extra precaution must be taken by those who choose to use supplements or drugs containing this ingredient. This is especially true for pregnant women and those with an enlarged prostate, allergy to ragweed or related plants, narrow-angle glaucoma, and those undergoing surgery. Extreme caution should be used as reports of toxicity from eating the raw plant have been reported.
Please enjoy this video on how to brew your own homemade all-natural herbal pain reliever. I’ll be adding content soon about the potential use of Wild Lettuce for weight loss.