Kelp is fast gaining popularity as the next big ‘superfood’. Nutritionists and people ‘in the know’ tout sea kelp extract as a nutritional powerhouse that you really should include in your diet.
Kelp is full of beneficial vitamins and nutrients, most notable of which are calcium and significant amounts of beneficial iodine. In addition, kelp extract has natural antioxidant properties, making it a must-have if you want to keep your body functioning the way it should.
Kelp also goes by the scientific name Laminaria Japonica, or if you are planning to look for this superfood in your local grocery, look for Kombu, or Japanese seaweed. However, if you are unfamiliar about the culinary uses of kombu, you can still get its nutritional benefits by using sea kelp extract. You might also hear it called brown seaweed extract.
Most kelp extract supplements made from Laminaria Japonica are harvested in the cold Atlantic Ocean waters off of the coast of Argentina.
Health Benefits of Kelp Extract
- Antioxidant properties
- Minimizes the risks of getting cancer
- High concentration of iodine
- Helps improve thyroid functions
- Keeps skin and hair healthy
- Helps improve cardiac health
- Relief from heartburn
The antioxidant properties of kelp can help reduce the risks of getting cancer. Antioxidants deter the growth and propagation of cancer cells, and after some time they can eradicate them completely. A healthy diet and lifestyle supplemented by sea kelp extract can go a long way in cancer prevention and boosting the immune system.
- FULLY ORGANIC COLD PRESSED SEA PLANT EXTRACTS: A seven species blend of super nutritious, premium kelp. Includes hand harvested Ascophyllym Nodosum and other wild seaplants
- COLD PRESSED TO PROTECT NATURAL ENZYMES: Clean Kelp's unique processing techniques give the cleanest possible kelp extract. Get all the benefits of natural kelp enzymes and hormones without the non-nutritious fibrous pulp that gives other kelps their thick, brackish appearance. You can see the difference
- SIMPLE AND SAFE TO USE FOR ALL PLANTS: Add to every watering, it's that easy. No risk of over application, plants love kelp. Clean Kelp aids in every stage of growth for root and stem health, stress resistance and robust growth
- Made from the finest seaweed plant Ascophyllum Nodosu
- Improves seed germination and increases root development.
- Increases bloom set and size of flowers and fruit.
- Clean & pure powder. No fillers.
- Lab tested for verification & guaranteed purity
- Immune, heart & muscle support
The high concentration of iodine in kelp extract means that it can help improve the functions of the thyroid gland. If you need any reason to supplement your diet with kelp extract, know that iodine deficiency is one of the causes of preventable mental retardation.
Can you believe kelp extract for weight loss is gaining more and more attention? Since sea kelp extract contains a massive amount of iodine, it helps people with hypothyroidism improve their metabolism and thus assist in keeping their weight in check. Even if you are not suffering from an underactive thyroid gland, taking kelp extract can still help you lose weight more efficiently; lots of people have actually lost a significant amount of weight after they started using kelp.
Kelp contains high amounts of folic acid, which besides keeping the heart healthy, also helps pregnant mothers make sure that their unborn child stay healthy and greatly reduce the risks of developing birth defects.
These are only some of the health benefits of supplementing your diet with kelp extract, if you want to discover the other perks of this new superfood, ask your physician about it so you can try it out yourself. You might even jump start your weight loss goals!
Which is better? Chlorella, spirulina or kelp extract? Be sure to watch this video. I’m currently doing research on how kelp extract can help with your weight loss and I’ll be posting reviews of supplements you can buy from GNC, Vitamin Shoppe or on Amazon that work amazingly well for weight loss and have big benefits for skin.I personally get mine from Lost Empire Herbs. Their sourcing is the best in the business and many of their herbs are grown in the USA. Click here to learn about their patented Full-Spectrum Extraction process and get 15% off your first order! Tip: Be sure to sign up for their newsletter at the top. NEW COUPON CODE: URBOL