Solomon’s seal (Polygoratum biflorum or multiflorum) is a type of flowering plant. Its name is derived from the depressions found on its roots. This plant has been used for medicinal purposes for at least 3,500 years. In fact, it was mentioned in the works of Pliny the Elder (24-79 CE). It’s considered a treasure of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
This plant resembles Bellflower and False Solomon’s Seal so be vigilant when making a purchase. The herb is also sometimes called King Solomon’s Seal or Smooth Solomon’s Seal.
Who would benefit from Solomon’s Seal Root?
Solomon’s Seal Root is highly beneficial especially for people involved in physical sports who suffer injury. Aside from being helpful to athletes, this herbal medicine or tea also suits men with fertility problems. It is an all-around holistic herbal medicine that is a fine all-natural remedy for many health conditions.
Note, however, that its fruits are toxic, so you can only use the roots for medicinal/healing purposes.
Solomon’s Seal Root Health Benefits
- It helps heal muscular and skeletal injuries and conditions such as sprains, broken bones, herniated discs, torn or stretched ligaments and tendons, arthritis, painful or creaky joints, achondroplasia and tendonitis. You can combine it with other herbal medicines such as St. John’s Wort and mullein root for more effective results.
- It helps the cartilage to heal and remain resilient.
- It soothes inflammation in the body’s connective tissues.
- When used as a tincture, 5 drops of Solomon seal extract can exhibit benefits.
- You can mix it with oils and use the mixture by topically applying it over sprains, bruises, wounds etc. It also helps heal pimples and sunburn.
- The mucilaginous root helps reduce inflammation in the lungs, airway and intestines.
- It can help with male fertility and female reproductive health.
- Expertly extracted Solomon's seal ALCOHOL-FREE liquid extract! To purchase an Alcohol-based version of this extract please follow this link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KLGV6JM/ (Copy and Paste the Link into a Browser Address Bar).
- Solomon's seal Glycerite contains ONLY natural ingredients! Alcohol Free! Gluten Free! Non-GMO!
- High Quality Solomon's seal NON-Alcohol liquid extract - we use classic conventional methods of extraction! We meticulously produce our extracts according to precise standards where each herb is extracted according to the distinct characteristic of each plant!
- Highest Strength, Super concentrated Solomon's seal liquid extract!
- Solomon's seal tincture contains ONLY natural ingredients!
- High Quality Solomon's seal liquid extract - crude extract of first extraction! We meticulously produce our extracts according to precise standards where each herb is extracted according to the distinct characteristic of each plant!
- Become Your Own Herbal Expert
- Botanical name:Polygonatum Biflorium
- All products hand packaged for quality, care and freshness
Detailed Information on its Benefits
Almost all ailments exhibit some form of inflammation. Inflammation is mainly caused by dryness and irritation. The mucilaginous Solomon’s seal alleviates inflammation by imparting a protective layer over the affected area. The root is composed of starches, sugars and pectin. Its medicinal action can be attributed to the entirety of its phyto-composition, which includes the following:
- Allantoin – important in wound healing
- Alkaloids – beneficial compounds that contain primarily basic nitrogen atoms
- Anthraquinones – very anti-disease
- Asparagine – an amino acid crucial to cell functions in nerve and brain tissue
- Flavonoids – phenols found in fruits, vegetables, grains, bark, roots, stems, flowers, tea and wine
- Polysaccharides – antioxidant molecules
- Steroidal Saponins – anti-inflammatory and antifungal
These beneficial substances allow Solomon’s seal root tea to heal a variety of ailments. Overall, it is demulcent, vulnerary, diuretic, anti-rheumatic, anti-inflammatory, adaptogen and an expectorant.
Should you Consider Taking It?
The benefits of Solomon’s seal, especially in terms of improving the overall health of both men and women of all ages, are considerable. Plus, you can take it in several ways: as a raw root, tea, salve, spray, dried extract powder or herbal tincture. With an increasingly stressful lifestyle, it is helpful to take advantage of what nature has to offer.
I’m currently doing research on how Solomon’s Seal Root can aid weight loss and will be updating this article when it’s completed so please check back soon. I’ll also be posting detailed instructions with pictures of how to make a tea or tincture in your own home.
There are very few, if any, published scientific studies and clinical trials on this herbal root’s medicinal uses so I’d be very interested to to hear of any first-hand experiences. Please share anything you know in the comments below. We’d love to hear from you!I personally get almost all of my herbs from Lost Empire Herbs. Their sourcing is the best in the business and many of their herbs are grown in the USA. Click here to learn about their patented Full-Spectrum Extraction process and get 15% off your first order! Tip: Be sure to sign up for their newsletter at the top. NEW COUPON CODE: URBOL