If you’re interested in reducing your cholesterol levels quickly without medication using natural home remedies and herbs, you’ve come to the right place!
People are often told that cholesterol is bad for the body, which is why they exert a lot of effort to reduce their cholesterol levels. This consistent campaign against cholesterol could be bad especially for people who already have low levels of it to begin with. That is because cholesterol is also necessary for regulating the functions of most of the body’s organs.
That’s right; there’s “good” (HDL) and “bad” (LDL) cholesterol.
Let’s take a look at both types and then we’ll better understand how we can lower cholesterol levels with a healthier diet.
“Good” HDL Cholesterol
Its most important function involves the communication of the cells in the cell membrane. This ensures that every part of the human body can function as a cohesive whole instead of as a separate collection of millions of cells that do not work well together.
Aside from cell communication, cholesterol also does the following for the cell membrane:
- It keeps it strong. Cholesterol wraps around the cells, enabling it to maintain its shape against the onslaught of tiny water molecules. It also ensures that the cells wouldn’t be infiltrated by other molecules that do not have any role in its functions.
- It ensures that important proteins are properly secured inside the plasma membrane of the cells. This also includes facilitating proper communication between each of these proteins, as well as ensuring that each type of protein is in its proper place inside the cells.
It should, however, be noted that these functions are performed by the so-called good cholesterol, also known as HDL cholesterol. This type of cholesterol is carried by high-density lipoproteins (HDL) through the bloodstream for cell distribution.
“Bad” LDL Cholesterol
The type of cholesterol that health experts keep warning you about is known as LDL cholesterol. This type of cholesterol is carried by low-density lipoproteins (LDL) and is distributed to various parts of the body. A small amount of this type of cholesterol in the body is necessary for maintaining body heat. It also serves as a cholesterol reserve that the body uses up during times when food isn’t readily available for consumption.
LDL cholesterol becomes harmful to the body if it is deposited in large amounts to the cells. The excess cholesterol contributes to the formation of plaque that causes a blockage in the arteries. At the very least, this blockage can lead to a heart attack or a stroke. At its worst, LDL cholesterol can contribute to the development of various illnesses that are not only fatal but can also last a lifetime.
Natural Remedies To Reduce LDL “Bad Cholesterol” Levels Quickly
Many people wonder “What can I take to lower my cholesterol naturally without medication?”
There are a lot of ways in which bad cholesterol can be reduced. Foremost among these methods is by doing some form of routine physical exercise. The next step is to be mindful of your diet by eating the right types of food. Another option that people can try for reducing their cholesterol levels is by consuming various natural remedies.
- Products containing at least 400 mg per serving of plant sterols and stanols, eaten twice a day with meals for a daily intake of at least 800 mg as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease. One serving of Nature Made CholestOff Original supplies 900 mg of plant sterols and stanols for a daily intake of 1800 mg.
- Reducol is a trademark of Pharmachem Laboratories Inc.
- Color Derived from Natural Sources - No Synthetic Dyes
These remedies mostly consist of herbs that have been in use as herbal medications since ancient times. These include:
soy in and of itself does not really have a huge impact on the reduction of bad cholesterol. Its impact in cholesterol reduction is only about 3% of the total cholesterol level in the body. Soy is beneficial in this respect if it is used as a substitute for foods that contain high levels of saturated fat such as red meat and carbohydrate-rich foods.
That is because soy-based meals can give the same feeling of fullness as fatty foods yet it only contains less than half of the saturated fat that these fatty food contain. This means that the body would have to burn its innate fat reserves in order for it to be able to continue doing its normal functions. Therefore, LDL cholesterol is greatly reduced through this process.
garlic has been used as a medicinal product before it has even been discovered as a tasty seasoning. Its role in reducing cholesterol is mostly due to its high allicin content. Allicin is also the same substance that gives garlic its antibacterial property. It is also the same component that makes garlic a good remedy for lowering high blood pressure, as well as reducing the possibility that a stroke might occur.
Homemakers who cook with their bare hands are probably well aware of garlic’s antibacterial property. That is because once crushed garlic comes into contact with an open wound, such as that obtained from a knife cut, the individual would certainly feel a stinging sensation on the wound. The wound then dries up after just a day, which means that the garlic probably helped speed up the healing process.
this is one of the few herbs that have the ability to reduce cholesterol by itself. There is no need to substitute flaxseed for any other meal item or to eat it in conjunction with various other foods. Several studies have reached the conclusion that daily consumption of at least one tablespoon of ground flaxseed can significantly lower down the body’s cholesterol level. Whole flaxseed and flaxseed oil also have the same effect although it is not as effective as the ground up variety.
Aside from its ability to lower cholesterol, flaxseed also has a lot of health benefits. For one thing, flaxseed contains high levels of protein and natural fibers. Fiber is a necessity for regulating the functions of the digestive tract, while protein helps maintain the body’s health at a cellular level.
- Promotes cholesterol wellness and may reduce your risk of heart disease
- Contains plant sterols, which inhibit excess dietary cholesterol absorption
- Supports a healthy heart
- 💚 100% NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Unlike other cholesterol lowering products on the market, our Cholesterol Support premium formula features 100% natural, vegan ingredients, the most important being Niacin 50mg, Guggul, Cayenne Pepper, and Garlic
- 💚 BEST FORMULA TO REDUCE LDL CHOLESTEROL: It has a proven role of cholesterol reducer, actively lowers the level of LDL (Low-Density Lipoprotein) cholesterol (also known as "bad cholesterol"), helps maintain an already normal level of cholesterol and at the same time reduces the risk of heart disease; It is well known that Niacin is great whenever it comes about maintaining or even increasing the level of HDL High-Density Lipoprotein cholesterol (also known as "good cholesterol")
- 💚 NO SIDE EFFECTS: Easy to swallow, gentle on the stomach, no aftertaste, no bad smell, no sulfates, no stearates, no allergens
- CHOLESTEROL LOWERING SUPPLEMENT -Natural Alternative that may help to lower cholesterol levels
- ONLY SUPPLEMENT to include Patented Active Molecule Red Yeast Rice. No Side Effects!
- PROVEN RESULTS using blood cholesterol levels, average of 70 point drop in 60-90 days using comparative test results .*
just like garlic, ginger was first used as a medicinal plant before people started adding it to their food as a seasoning. Ginger’s popularity as a medicinal herb has reached new heights in recent years. It is now one of the main ingredients in various healthy eating recipes especially juices and shakes. But the simplest way to obtain its medicinal properties is to add a few crushed slices to a boiled recipe such as boiled chicken broth or any other soup.
Ginger has also been widely studied by scientists, which means that the process by which it lowers cholesterol is already well-documented. In effect, ginger stimulates the body to metabolize cholesterol faster. This means that when consumed daily, your cholesterol level is bound to go down several notches in just a few days.
There many other herbal remedies that can help reduce cholesterol levels. The ones listed here are just some of the most popular natural remedies and also easiest to implement. These are available in farmer’s markets and in the spice racks of almost every supermarket in the country.
The skeptic might begin to ask why natural remedies might be better than the more ‘effective’ medicines made by pharmaceutical companies.
Why can natural remedies be better than cholesterol medication?
For one thing, natural remedies are more affordable. This is something that has to be taken into serious consideration given the fact that medicines can be very expensive. Pharmaceutical companies often have to add the costs of processing, advertising, and marketing to the price of their products. This is true even if the meds that you buy are just the generic ones instead of the ones that carry popular medicine brands.
Another advantage of using natural remedies is that these do not have too many harmful side effects. As a matter of fact, these natural remedies have more benefits aside from performing the purpose for which they were bought. These benefits stem from the fact that natural remedies are filled with nutrients that comes from nature. These ingredients have not been leeched out by any of the processes that pharmaceutical drugs often have to go through.
Common side effects of cholesterol medication are muscle pain, memory loss, and elevated liver enzymes.
Other Ways to Lower Cholesterol Naturally
Lose excess weight, take all-natural supplements high in plant sterols like CholestOff (product box posted earlier), replace meat with protein-rich fruits and vegetables, and quite possibly the single-most important step you can take is…
Limit your intake of foods full of saturated fats, trans fats, and dietary cholesterol and eat more fiber. (read more here…)I personally get almost all of my herbs from Lost Empire Herbs. Their sourcing is the best in the business and many of their herbs are grown in the USA. Click here to learn about their patented Full-Spectrum Extraction process and get 15% off your first order! Tip: Be sure to sign up for their newsletter at the top. NEW COUPON CODE: URBOL