Do you wish to boost your memory, and improve cognitive function and the overall condition of your mind? Are you having issues with your mental alertness and concentration? Do you suffer from memory loss? If your answer to these questions is yes, then you stand to benefit from using nootropic herbs for memory.
6 of the Best Memory Herbs
Here are 6 of the best memory herbs that can boost your cognitive functions:
- Bacopa Monnieri or Brahmi boosts memory and promotes the brain’s good health condition. Dr. Oz recommends this memory-boosting herb as it can also: (a) improve your concentration, (b) help you to become smarter.
- Ashwagandha has the ability to lighten the load of your brain, preventing it from succumbing to pressure that could eventually lead to disorders. With less pressure and stress, your brain can function optimally. You can then expect to enjoy mental clarity and increased alertness.
- Gotu Kola, a family member of parsley, helps keep the brain balanced. It also improves blood flow that in turn enhances memory and other brain functions. An added benefit is its ability to treat insomnia.
- Ginkgo Biloba is perhaps the most popular herb for memory. One benefit of this herb is that it enhances your cognitive functions, especially your memory. Studies point to how Ginkgo Biloba can prevent cognitive disorders such as Alzheimer’s and dementia, and how it can protect nerve cells against these disorders.
- Jiaogulan research reported in the Journal of Guiyang Medical College showed that Jiaogulan allows your brain to energize or calm as your body needs to keep it functioning healthily without overheating or underperforming.
- Vacha promotes mental clarity, mind focus and speech. It acts as a brain stimulant that enables the brain to wake up from sluggishness. It also contain properties that help flush out toxins to sharpen your brain memory.
brain memory boost”]
Using Herbs to Boost your Memory
Here’s how you can use and benefit from memory herbs:
- If you are suffering from age-related memory loss, choose to benefit from Ginkgo Biloba leaf extract. Be sure to consult your physician prior to taking Ginkgo to avoid interfering with the medicines that you are currently taking, such as but not limited to ibuprofen and aspirin.
- Choose high quality Bacopa Monnieri and use it as a dietary herbal extract supplement. Aside from boosting your memory and concentration, this herb also works as an antioxidant that protects your brain cells from free radical damage. Take the supplement with food, and avoid taking it on an empty stomach.
- Create your Gotu Kola tea. Dry the leaves and crush them. Steep about a teaspoon in boiling water. Add lemon extract and raw honey. This will relax your mind and body and improve blood flow that can boost mental alertness and memory.
- You can benefit from Ashwagandha in the following forms: tea, powder, tincture and in capsule form. The best forms to take when planning to improve memory are tea and capsule. However, if you have hyperthyroidism, it is not advisable to take this herb for memory.
- Vacha is an herb that naturally boosts your brain functions including speech. The usual method of using Vacha is to insert a thin processed wire into the herb, rubbed with either water or milk. Licking the paste from this method will let you enjoy its benefits. Children who are three (3) years and up get to benefit from this herb.
Boosting your memory to avoid or prevent mental or cognitive disorders or to make you smarter is best when you use herbs for memory and concentration.