Korean ginseng root (Panax ginseng) originated in North Korea, is a member of the Araliaceae family of herbs and has been used for over 4,000 years. It is called ‘the root of life’ because of its energizing properties. In ancient times, “red ginseng” was considered as a panacea or a cure for all types of ailments.
Korean Panax ginseng has a wide range of benefits that can help protect and fortify the body. In general, it is considered as a stress reducer and energizer. Let’s discuss some more of what this amazing and healthy herb can do for you!
- 1 Health Benefits of Korean Panax Ginseng
- 2 How long does it take to feel the effects of ginseng?
- 3 How much of a dose of ginseng should you take in a day?
- 4 What are the risks, contraindications and side effects of Korean Panax ginseng?
- 5 When should I take ginseng? Morning or night?
- 6 Benefits and Uses of Panax Gineng
Health Benefits of Korean Panax Ginseng
Simply put, this medicinal herbal root does a lot for the body.
A whole lot!
Panax ginseng has been traditionally used as a relief for fatigue and stress. When the herb is used as a tonic, it can invigorate the person drinking it both physically and mentally.
Korean ginseng root is classified as an adaptogen, or a substance that helps increase resistance to various types of stress, whether physical or mental, and invigorates the user in a way that is non-specific.
Uses of Korean Panax Ginseng
- to enhance focus and mental concentration
- to improve the functions of the body’s natural immune system
- to help stimulate and strengthen the central nervous system
- to help manage and control blood disorders by lowering the blood sugar levels
- to treat impotence in men and prevent or reverse erectile dysfunction (ED)
- to reduce fatigue and stress, treat symptoms of depression, anxiety, and chronic fatigue syndrome
- to treat low blood pressure and hypotension
- anti-disease and anti-tumor properties
Daily intake can make the body healthier as ginseng balances all body systems. To be effective, however, the root must at least be 6 years old. The older the root gets, the better it is for the user’s health. This is why the price of the root depends on its age. Older, high-potency roots cost more by the ounce.
Korean ginseng, in particular, is known to reduce stress, lower cholesterol, treat blood disorders by controlling blood sugar levels, sharpen the memory, boost energy, burn fat, relieve fatigue, and ease depression and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Panax ginseng is also known to help in the prevention of disease and arthritis.
- REV UP YOUR ENERGY - Looking for a natural boost? NutraChamps Korean Ginseng brings a steady burst of energy to your day without the jitters, helping you naturally increase productivity, stay energized and focused, and get things done.
- TRADITIONAL KOREAN GINSENG - Our roots are grown in a region of Korea that has been traditionally growing the herb for hundreds of years. Each root is hand selected and mature, while containing a minimum of 5% ginsenosides to ensure you a high potency and pure product that you'll feel working. Guaranteed to rev up your energy, focus, mood, and performance.
- GREAT VALUE & GREAT RESULTS - We wanted to bring an effective ginseng supplement to the market, with strong ginsenoside %, but without the expensive price tag - & that's exactly what we did. With a hefty 120 vegetable capsules, you get 500mg caps of pure Korean panax ginseng root powder. If you're looking for a premium ginseng supplement at a great price, then look no further!
- 💯 Energy supplement enhanced with memory vitamins: A blend of Asian Ginseng and Ginkgo Biloba, our 2-month NootroPeak's vegetable capsules are natural, vegan, non-GMO and gluten-free that boost energy throughout the day and improves memory and concentration.
- 💯 Extra Strength Panax Ginseng (also known as Korean Ginseng) comes from the plant that was the original source of ginseng. Each handpicked Red Ginseng root is guaranteed to contain 10% ginsenosides. It's why NootroPeak Ginseng extract as one of the best energy supplements on Amazon
- 💯 Top rated Ginkgo Biloba: Commonly known as Gingko, Gingko Biloba leaf extract helps improve brain function and blood circulation. NootroPeak blends Gingko with the Korean Red Ginseng to make a formula that increases blood flow and nutrient absorption
- HIGHER GINSENG EXTRACT AMOUNT BETTER GINSENG SUPPLEMENT QUALITY! 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE - Increase your Energy Levels, Mental Clarity, Mood and Strength with Our PURE AUTHENTIC Korean Panax Red Ginseng or your Money back No questions asked!
- PURITY AND POTENCY- Our AUTHENTIC Korean Red Panax ginseng Root powder is sourced directly from Korea, directly from the large farm lands and hand selected to ensure the purity, they are then encapsulated in the USA to the highest amount possible make it 1500mg (per serving) with No fillers or additives at all.
- BEST VALUE- With 120 Vegetarian Capsules and 1500mg per serving Our Korean Panax Red Ginseng is the best offer on Amazon right now. We only provide the best!
As an immune system booster, the herb helps prevent diseases caused by bacteria and viruses. When taken at the onset of common colds, the severity and duration of the condition is considerably reduced.
Ginseng likewise prevents constriction of the airways and helps relax the lungs. It is thus a good all-natural holistic remedy for asthma and other similar lung disorders.
For students, taking ginseng while studying or reviewing for a test helps improve memory and concentration. It makes learning new topics an easier task. Panax ginseng is quickly gaining growing acceptance among the herbal nootropics community for its effectiveness as a classic cognitive enhancer.
Panax ginseng has, for many years, been used to increase sperm count and boost male fertility by activating specific body hormones. While many men who suffer from erectile dysfunction claim Korean red ginseng has done wonders for not only their erections but their libido, more clinical trials and studies are needed.
Blood circulation is improved and recovery time from various illnesses is shortened.
The red ginseng herb is also very popular among the elderly as it is believed to help prevent senility and other neurodegenerative diseases. Its energizing and strengthening effects are also crucial in keeping the body active and strong even in the more advanced stages of life.
How long does it take to feel the effects of ginseng?
Pretty quick! Of course it depends on how much you take, in what form you take it and how exactly you’re hoping to benefit from the ginseng root. Many report feeling large doses within hours and noticeable effects in 24-48 hours. Using it as a daily tonic herb will certainly lead to sustained health benefits.
How much of a dose of ginseng should you take in a day?
If you’re eating the raw herb root, you can safely eat 2 g and if you carefully test its effects on yourself, even more! If you’re taking an extract powder like the one pictured, take a 200 mg dose of Panax Ginseng Root Extract 1-3 times daily.
The product from Nootropics Depot is Panax Ginseng Root Extract Powder tested to contain 7-10% ginsenosides, the most beneficial compound in ginseng.
What are the risks, contraindications and side effects of Korean Panax ginseng?
This is a generally safe herb. However, when take orally for more than six months it strays into possibly unsafe territory since it may have unwanted effects on hormonal balance.
The most common side effect is insomnia due to its energizing effects.
Please reference this study for more on the contraindications and adverse drug interactions of Korean red ginseng.
When should I take ginseng? Morning or night?
I take the 200 mg capsules from Nootropics Depot three times daily; first thing in the morning, mid-morning and noon. Always take it with food.
Panax ginseng is a type of medicinal herb that is much sought-after primarily for its roots. For centuries, ginseng has been used to remedy a wide variety of ailments. The peeled root can be ingested dried or fresh, taken as a fluid extract, or consumed in a tincture.
According to medical researchers, ginseng offers many benefits to the body. The ginseng root, for one, has anti-inflammatory properties that help regulate blood sugar levels, support the immune system, and fight disease cells.
Benefits and Uses of Panax Gineng
Improves the Immune System
Many clinical studies, including the one conducted by the University of Maryland Medical Center, have concluded that ginseng improves cell functions linked to enhancing the immune system, enabling the body to fight or resist infections and diseases.
Taking ginseng is good for common colds and flu; this is based on two studies done by the same educational institution. Subjects who took supplements that contain panax ginseng for 4 months had fewer incidents of colds, and experienced cold symptoms in shorter duration than participants who were given placebo.
By increasing the white blood cell count in the body, ginseng is able to stimulate the natural immune system.
Lowers Blood Sugar
People with Type 2 blood disorders can benefit a lot from this herb because of its ability to lower blood sugar levels. Based on another UMMC study, diabetics who were made to take ginseng with, or prior to ingesting, a heavily sweetened drink, experienced a smaller increase in the level of their blood sugar.
Likewise, other studies have shown that the herb can improve carbohydrate tolerance among diabetics. In some cases, some of the blood sugar levels measured were 32 to 51% lower after taking 3g of ginseng with alcohol.
A Wilkes University study, on the other hand, showed remarkable benefits for Type 2 diabetics who take ginseng alongside insulin.
Inhibits Growth of diseaseous Tumors
Ginseng has anti-disease qualities that help prevent tumor development as shown in myriads of medical studies.
One clinical study by the UMMC showed the herb’s excellent effects on disease, specifically on colorectal disease cells. The ginsenosides in ginseng can work against certain types of disease, gastric disease in particular, stopping the growth of tumor cells.
The ginsenoside Rg1 showed estrogen-like effects when exposed to breast disease cells, the growth of which was stopped. Based on a MedicinePlus report, there are studies done in China that point out the potential benefits of ginseng for breast disease patients. However, more research is necessary to corroborate these findings.
Panax ginseng provides a lot of neurological benefits. These include helping in the treatment of ADHD, cognitive disorders, and mental and emotional stress. According to a UMMC study, taking ginseng alongside ginkgo biloba is helpful in ADHD treatment.
Likewise, Wilkes University notes that taking ginseng helps improve cognitive functions and memory in Alzheimer’s disease patients.
Korean Red Ginseng also helps in the modulation of the brain’s cerebroelectrical activity. As shown in tests done on animals, prolonged use of ginseng can help relieve fatigue and stress. Learning ability is improved as well.