Sweat is a natural by-product of the body when it is experiencing increased heat and tries to restore itself to its normal temperature. Your body heat usually increases when you expend energy, such as when you exercise. It can also occur when you are receiving heat from outside sources, such as when the temperature of your immediate environment is high.
However, several other factors can also activate sweating, some of which are psychological in nature. Fear or anxiety can trigger the ‘cold sweat’ which usually occurs without warning. Cold sweats usually come with the phenomenon known as ‘adrenaline rush,’ which enables you to respond to a stressful or threatening situation. You begin to feel chilly and your skin dampens rapidly as your sweat glands quickly release sweat.
Other conditions that may add to miserable cold sweats at night are infection, shock from injury, general anxiety, menopause, low blood pressure (Hypotension) or
You may experience cold sweats on a regular basis, but the condition is treatable. It’s medical name is Idiopathic hyperhidrosis. This condition is commonly associated as a symptom of a condition as benign as social anxiety disorder or as serious as a heart attack.
How to Stop Cold Sweats At Night
Here are a few pointers on how to get rid of cold sweats, as well as some remedies for night sweats at home:
1. Try to relax.
Try to control your breathing by slowing it down. Learning breathing techniques for anxiety can be extremely effective. Counting slowly and visualization: trying to imagine harmless or subjectively neutral objects: can greatly help in calming the person down, especially if he is under severe stress or experiencing a panic attack.
You may also use other stress management techniques to calm yourself down. Physical exercises and breathing exercises, such as jogging and yoga, can help to calm down your mind. You can also try taking a long, warm bath to give you a sense of calmness.
2. Sleep easy.
Cold sweats can occur when you sleep. Banking on your night time sleep is just one of the remedies for night sweats. Condition your mind into calmness to maintain your sense of composure the next day. Make sure to wear comfortable sleeping garments and dim the lights in the room. Turning off all electronic devices, or at least disabling them from blinking, giving off bright lights, or making sudden, loud noises, is also one of the more practical remedies for night sweats.
3. Mind what you eat.
Eating right before bed time may possibly trigger cold sweats as you sleep. Try not to consume food that contains too much sugar, especially at night before sleeping. Avoid skipping meals and, as much as possible, make it a habit to eat on schedule.
Many have found that a simple home remedy that works quickly is to consume a service of apple cider vinegar every single morning and evening. Since apple cider vinegar works to holistically heal so many conditions that might lead to the night cold sweats, it often alleviates the miserable symptoms altogether, and quite possibly a lot quicker than you might imagine.
- USDA Certified Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- SUPERIOR APPLE CIDER VINEGAR CAPSULES - Our Premium Apple Cider Vinegar boasts a powerful 500mg of ALL NATURAL Apple Cider Vinegar. In addition to weight loss, apple cider vinegar has been traditionally used to help promote digestive and immune health, as well as, a natural home remedy for the relief from occasional indigestion, heartburn, dry skin, and much more!
- SUPPORTS WEIGHT LOSS, DETOX, AND CLEANSE PROGRAMS - Apple Cider Vinegar is a great way to gently cleanse the body and to help ward off unhealthy bacteria you may encounter. Known to support weight management lifestyles, apple cider vinegar also promotes healthy digestion and helps to keep the intestines clean so you can lead an optimal and exuberant life. We don't put any artificial ingredients in our premium formulation - never settle when it comes to your health.
- TASTELESS - An easy, once-a-day tablet without the harsh taste of liquid apple cider vinegars. Cleansing your body has never been easier. Perfect for those who, like so many, cannot stand the taste of apple cider vinegar but want to reap the benefits.
- Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar USDA Organic - Plastic Bottle
- Certified Organic Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is unfiltered, unheated, unpasteurized and 5% acidity, and contains the amazing Mother of Vinegar.
- Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar is organically grown, processed and bottled in accordance with the California Organic Foods Act of 1990; and is also Kosher Certified.
4. Keep yourself busy.
Occupy yourself with a variety of easy tasks that will keep your body busy and your mind engaged. This helps to take your mind off of any anxiety or stress you might be feeling that may be causing the occurrence of cold sweats.
5. Consult your doctor.
Sometimes, anxiety can occur even when you have taken the precautions mentioned above. Certain signs, including (but not limited to) palpitations, shortness of breath, muscle pain, tightness in the chest, high fever, hallucinations, and loss of consciousness can be an indication of a more serious problem like a heart attack. When this happens, you may require further medical intervention. It is advisable to avoid taking any medication without proper consultation with your primary care doctor, who may be able to give more effective advice on how to get rid of cold sweats at night.
Male or female, whether you’re concerned about menopause or not, watch this quick video and let us know what you think of the herbal remedy they offer in the comments below. For additional reading, you might want to check out this article from VeryWellHealth.I personally get mine from Lost Empire Herbs. Their sourcing is the best in the business and many of their herbs are grown in the USA. Click here to learn about their patented Full-Spectrum Extraction process and get 15% off your first order! Tip: Be sure to sign up for their newsletter at the top. NEW COUPON CODE: URBOL