Chinese herbs for anxiety are being used for centuries, managing to find plants and create mixtures that effectively address the ailments they’re supposed to treat. Modern medicine may have slightly shifted the focus but with current concerns on natural approaches, Chinese herbs are making a quick and very convincing comeback. Add the fact that studies have verified their usefulness and it’s not really surprising that the Chinese herb market is thriving. My three personal favorite Chinese herbs for anxiety are licorice root, schisandra and panax ginseng.
Chinese Herbs and Anxiety
Anxiety is just one condition treated through Chinese herbs. One thing to keep in mind is that there is no single herb solution. Chinese medicine usually incorporates two or more herbs, making good use of individual characteristics to better address the main problem. In this article, you’ll find out the different herb combinations typically used:
Good Sleep and Worry Free
This is the name given to a combination of herbs in traditional Chinese medicine, supposedly addressing not just anxiety but also irritability, insomnia and restlessness. Chinese medicine operates on the belief that there’s an imbalance in the Qi and the herbs essentially restore balance by addressing the problem. In this case, the diagnosis would be a Disturbed Shen caused by Heart Fire. The herbs used for this ingredient include:
- Sour Date Seed
- Zhi Mu
- CERTIFIED USDA ORGANIC ASHWAGANDHA ROOT POWDER (WITHANIA SOMNIFERA) - 16oz Resealable Bag (1 Pound)
- IMPORTED 100% RAW FROM INDIA - This bag contains certified organic, 100% raw ashwagandha root powder from India.
- HEALTHY & DELICIOUS - Ashwagandha is a powerful herb used for thousands of years for its restorative and rejuvenating benefits. Ashwagandha can help alleviate stress, anxiety, fatigue, low energy, insomnia and concentration difficulties.
- HIT NITRIC OXIDE MAX, RECOVER BETTER & EMPOWER OPTIMAL HEALTH*: Super beets that contain powerful body-enhancing compounds called betalains, which have been shown to support the health of the circulatory and vascular systems.* This is why beets have been long-revered for their ability to promote energy levels and even athletic markers of optimal performance.*
- POWER-PACKED DAILY HEALTH BOOSTER: Our Organic Beet Juice Powder not only tastes good but is also overflowing with potent phytonutrients like naturally occurring nitrates, betaine, and phenols. Combined with the adapotogenic and body-strengthening properties of the Peak O2 mushroom blend, Havasu Nutrition Beet Root Powder is bursting with potent plant-compounds not found in any other beet powder on the market today.
- EASY TO MIX AND GREAT TASTE: We source the freshest beets, picked at their peak, cleaned, and carefully dried into a pure concentrated powder.*
- MAXIMIZE YOUR PERFORMANCE LEVELS Whether you're a workaholic, college student, busy mom, senior or training athlete you want to achieve your goals & REACH OPTIMUM EFFICIENCY! Let our brain and memory mind matrix take care and help BOOST YOUR CONCENTRATION AND FOCUS. Feel bright, alert and awake again for any challenges that face you. Reward yourself with our advanced attention focus brain function pills, the perfect nootropic energy boost aid from exam studying to fighting tiredness.
- POWERFUL BOOST TO YOUR FOCUS, MEMORY & CLARITY Our premium, exclusively designed brain booster supplement is formulated with 41 ULTRA POTENT INGREDIENTS by nutrition professionals to help elevate your mind and ACHIEVE CLARITY & BALANCE. With a scientifically tested blend of focus and memory enhancing vitamins and nutrients, we've created the ultimate brain nootropic to help supercharge concentration, mental alertness & memory power. Each purchase comes with our FREE 'BRAIN ENHANCER' EBOOK!
- REACH YOUR TRUE POTENTIAL - SUPER ENHANCE YOUR COGNITION! Tired of brain fog and memory loss? We carefully select the most potent brain and memory enhancing herbs and nutrients specifically to help boost cognitive function and dramatically improve mental agility. Our power force brain formula combines DMAE and L-Glutamine plus more which work to help fuel your concentration without the jitters. Our superior brain and focus complex is designed for MORE EFFECTIVE RESULTS!*
Diagnosed as Disturbed Shen from Deficient Blood or Yin, the Calm Spirit is usually offered to take care of PMS, weepiness and anxiety. It contains the following ingredients:
- Sour Date
- Mimosa Bark
- Licorice Root
Augmented Free Free and Easy
Diagnosed as Liver Qi Stagnation with Heart Fire, this is often prescribed for patients showing signs of depression and irritability.
This traditional TCM mix includes:
- Licorice Root
- White peony
- Tree peony root bark
- Dang Gui
Single Herb Solutions
Of course, chances are you’ll have a hard time mixing these different TCM herbs for anxiety: not to mention actually finding them from your local store. Some of this traditional Chinese medicine is pre-mixed and available in capsule format, allowing for easy intake. If you’ll notice though, many of the mixes contain common ingredients.
If you’re inclined, you can also use these single Traditional Chinese Medicine herbs for anxiety. Here are some of the herbs you can try and ways to prepare them:
The root of licorice can help reduce stress and fatigue: two common triggers of anxiety. They promote the function of the adrenal gland, therefore resulting to a more relaxed feeling. You can take this in capsule or powder format. If you wish, you can also prepare your own tea with the plant.
Known for reducing stress, increasing mental function and generally increasing the metabolism and energy of individuals, ginseng is a wonderful one-ingredient solution for anxiety. You can purchase these in capsules or make your own fluid extract, consuming around 4 ml after every meal. I prefer Korean Panax Ginseng.
Chinese herbs for anxiety are best taken as a tea. In this case, peppermint is a good choice. Peppermint offers a very relaxing effect on the mind and body. It’s perfect for individuals who feel anxious during work and would like to take a 5-minute break before jumping back in the fray. Unlike other anti-anxiety drugs, peppermint shouldn’t cause drowsiness.
Remember: always consult your doctor before taking any Chinese herbs for anxiety, especially if you’re also on medications for pre-existing conditions.I personally get almost all of my herbs from Lost Empire Herbs. Their sourcing is the best in the business and many of their herbs are grown in the USA. Click here to learn about their patented Full-Spectrum Extraction process and get 15% off your first order! Tip: Be sure to sign up for their newsletter at the top. NEW COUPON CODE: URBOL