Parsley root is a light-beige crop that has been used as an old-age remedy for different conditions. It is full of important vitamins, minerals and nutrients. It is also a strong antioxidant and contains high amount of sodium, potassium and calcium. It is also high in folic acid, phosphorus, protein and fiber. Parsley root is also rich in vitamins C, K and A.
Parsley root is a light beige, carrot-like root crop which is sweet, delicate and herbal. It has been used as an old-age remedy for digestive disorders, kidney and liver complications, cleansing of blood and body toxins, and menstrual irregularities. It contains more vitamin c than oranges.
The potassium in parsley root is good for lowering blood pressure. In addition, its folic acid content also helps prevent cardiovascular diseases. Its chlorophyll content can also make it a breath freshener.
Parsley root is also called Common Parsley, Garden Parsley, and Hamburg Pardley. It is also sometimes referred to as Apium crispum, Apium petroselinum and Carum petroselinum.
Parsley root is highly advisable for a lot of people as it has a lot of benefits and uses.
- Reduces excess water in the body and improve urination.
- Is good for detoxifying the body.
- Treats Diabetes and Anemia.
- Normalizes blood pressure and reduces heart rate.
- Is helpful in treating allergic reactions.
- Inhibits tumors.
- Improves digestion of food.
- Treats urinary tract infections (UTIs) and kidney stones (nephrolithiasis).
- Also used by people who are suffering constipation, jaundice, intestinal gas (flatulence), indigestion, colic and many more.
- Treats gout, rheumatism and arthritis.
- Treats chapped skin, bruise, and insect bites.
- Stimulates hair growth.
- Helps normalize delayed menstruation.
- Relieves menstrual pain.
- Is useful for hormonal problems and menopause symptoms.
A usual garnish on dishes, Parsley actually has a root that is very useful in healing different diseases.
Parsley root has the ability to eliminate excess water in the body. This improves urination and prevents UTIs. It is also good in keeping blood sugar levels of the body under control, thus very useful for treating Diabetes. Its diuretic properties also help in lowering high blood pressure.
Because it is also rich in iron, it could aid in improving production of red blood cells. It also contains myristicin and limonene that are useful in detoxifying the body.
Parsley root also secretes histamine that is useful in treating allergic reactions. It also contains histidine, which is an important amino acid that inhibits tumors.
Lastly, it is useful in treating menstrual conditions. It normalizes delayed menstruation by both helping to stimulate a delayed period and relieving menstrual pain.
If you are using Parsley as a decoration for your dishes, you might as well use its root to improve your health and body.