The use of Chinese herbal natural antivirals has greatly grown in popularity in recent years. Antiviral herbs are good alternatives to chemical antiviral drugs due to widespread concerns over their overuse. Antiviral abuse has been linked to the emergence of drug-resistant viruses and bacteria. Here is a short list of some of the most commonly used Chinese natural antiviral herbs:
Chaga (Inonotus obliquus) is a mushroom found on birch trees or other trees that grow in cold climates. The benefits of the Chaga mushroom include:
- Anti-cancer. One of the active components of Chaga is betulinic acid. This substance has shown promise as a possible cancer treatment in studies.
- Anti-viral. Chaga is one of the most powerful natural antivirals, showing great potential in treating the symptoms as well as the secondary diseases caused by HIV.
- Adaptogen properties. Chaga is one of the most potent adaptogen herbs. Adaptogens are a class of plants that help to stabilize the body, allowing it to adapt to stress and fatigue.
- Anti-oxidant. Chaga is widely acknowledged as one of the ,superfoods’ containing the highest amount of antioxidants. Antioxidants help to protect the cells against damage caused by free radicals, which has been linked to increased cancer risk.
Schizandra (Schisandra chinesis) is an herb considered as one of the fifty fundamental herbs used in traditional Chinese medicine. It is one of the most popular antiviral herbs as well as being an adaptogenic. As a natural antiviral, Schizandra has reportedly been successfully at treating viral hepatitis. The benefits of Schizandra include:
- Its adaptogenic properties can help increase energy and your capacity for intensified physical activity.
- It helps detoxify the body. Schizandra can help increase the production of the enzyme glutathione, which helps remove toxins and improve mental clarity.
- It helps maintain the health of the liver. Schizandra contains lignans, which help to prevent liver damage as well as maintaining its proper functioning.
Lingzhi (Ganoderma lucidum) is one of the most potent Chinese antiviral herbs. This mushroom, also known as the reishi mushroom, is used by herbal practitioners, not only in China, but also in other Asian countries such as Vietnam and Japan. People prize this plant for its medicinal properties for thousands of years, and has been documented in many ancient texts.
Lingzhi has many bioactive components that can be used to treat various health conditions. For example, it is rich in triterpenes, the substance which gives the mushroom its bitter taste. Triterpenes have been shown to help reduce blood pressure as well as reduce the symptoms of allergies. In addition, it is also a tonic that has a calming effect and can also help relieve asthma and other allergic conditions.
In addition, it is one of the natural antivirals that showed promise as a treatment for cancer. Lingzhi has beta-glucans, which may help to stop the growth of cancer cells. It also has other active components that can inhibit the development of tumors.